Bulk Wholesale Psyllium Husk Manufacturing & Exporting
Psyllium Husk also known as isabgol or simply Psyllium, are portions of the seeds of the plant plantago ovata, a native of India and Pakistan. They are soluble in water and become mucilage (a thick gluey substance) when wet. Psyllium Seed Husks have been used in herbal remedies since a long time. There are several spices of Psyllium, but the seed husks from plantago ovata, also known as blonde Psyllium, are the best quality and have the highest fiber content.
The state of Rajasthan in India provides 60% of the world’s production, with the Jalore district alone counting for 90% of Psyllium. Bhimal agriculture mandi is declared Psyllium special mandi; Bhimal area gives about 2500 tons per year of Psyllium. It is cultivated in 50,000 hectares in Mehsana, Banaskantha and Sabarkantha districts in Gujarat and Jalore, Pali, Jodhpur, Barmer, Nagpur and Sihori districts of Rajasthan. With this rich fiber growing in so many regions of India, India is counted as a leading exporter of Psyllium Husk.
In India, Psyllium planting starts during the dry season. Blooming of Psyllium begins in two months after sowing. The Psyllium seeds are harvested after about two months later. Psyllium seed harvesting is done using hand stickles; the spike of fruits is removed during early morning so that the wetness, caused by morning dew, keeps the spike from shattering. Psyllium seeds, less than three millimeters in length, are obtained by threshing and winnowing, causing the several seeds to be released from each small capsule.
Quality of Psyllium Husk is not affected at all during the transit as it is done with high hygiene and qualitative standards. Due care is taken to export the consignment on time without any hassles.
Services offered by Psyllium Export
- Psyllium Export is a leading Bulk Wholesale Exporter, Manufacturer and Supplier of high quality Psyllium Husk since a long time
- Psyllium Export have tied up with reliable custom houses and clearing agents to ensure speedy transactions and delivery for our customers
- Customized service of exporting under our own home grown brand name "Psyllium Export" or and also contract manufacture the products to export under customer´s specific brand name
- We specialize in on time delivery, prompt response to customer´s query and quality products. Special customer service executives serve our customers for their problems and orders received
Psyllium Husk Properties
We make sure that we deliver the quality and quantity ordered by the customer, as we are one of the most reputed names in the industry since a long time. The following are some of the qualities and characteristics of our Psyllium Husk.
- We make sure that before we export Psyllium Husk from the producers, it is cleaned free from all dust, agri-farm fibers, wastes, mud, stones and iron particles
- Psyllium Husk is a natural and non-toxic product
- High quality Psyllium Husks contains about 19% fiber, 18.8% protein, and 10-20% triglycerides
- High quality exported Psyllium Husks are 34% insoluble fiber and 66% soluble fiber, providing an optimal division of both the types that makes it a valuable food additive
Psyllium Husk Qualities
Color: light brown to moderate brown
Taste: bland, mucilaginous
Total ash: not more than 4.0%
Moisture: not more than 12.0%
Acid insoluble ash: not more than 1.0%
Foreign organic matter: not more than 0.5%
Psyllium Packaging Info